Meet the J80
- Friday evenings for 3 hours
- J80 membership not required
- Learn about the J80
- Practice basic maneuvers
Perhaps you enjoy the Rhodes 19s but want to try sailing something a little bigger and sportier. Meet the J80 is perfect if you want an introduction to a larger, faster boat without committing to a longer course or full membership. Meet the J80 is a 3-hour introductory clinic and is not designed to replace our Performance classes, Performance 1 and Performance 2.
Skills and Concepts Covered
- An orientation to J80 basics: rigging, sail-handling, tacking/gybing, docking, crew overboard recovery, reefing, winch safety, outboard engine overview, etc.
- Applying your existing sailing skills and knowledge to a vessel that is faster and more responsive than a Rhodes 19.
- An introduction to crew roles and how to teach crew to assist a skipper.
5-to-1 Instruction: In our introductory format, 5 students and 1 instructor sail together, allowing for plenty of teamwork. Meet the J80 is held on one Friday evening, for a single 3-hour session.
Recommended Next Steps
For information on our refund policy, click here.