Meet the J80
Meet the J80 curriculum includes:
- An orientation to J80 basics: rigging, sail-handling, tacking/jibing, docking, crew overboard recovery, reefing, winch safety, outboard engine overview, etc.
- Applying your existing sailing skills and knowledge to a vessel that is bigger, faster, and has a longer glide zone than a Rhodes 19.
- An introduction to crew roles and how to teach crew to assist a skipper.
- Learn to Sail (or similar experience)
- Yellow Flag certification
Meet the J80 is a one-day clinic that runs on Saturdays from 10:00AM – 4:30PM with a 30 minute lunch break.
Recommended next steps:
Things to note:
Meet the J80 is a 6-hour introductory clinic and is not designed to replace our Performance clinics, in which we encourage sailors to enroll to build more advanced skills. A J80 membership is not required to participate, but membership and a separately scheduled J80 checkout would be necessary to gain access to the J80 fleet outside of class hours.