Boston Public Schools' District-Wide Sailing Team
BPS Students: Interested in Sailing for Boston Public?
- No sailing experience necessary!
- Must be able to swim the length of a pool, unassisted, any stroke, and tread water for 90 seconds.
- Must be able to commute to Charlestown Navy Yard in time for 3:45 (practice start time) and provide own transportaiton home.
- Sailing Season Dates: March 26 - June 3, 2012 (tentative)
- Practice Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Practice Location: Courageous Sailing, Charlestown Navy Yard (directions)
- Waiver Forms: Download here. Must be signed by parent/legal guardian in order to participate.
- Medical Forms: Download here. Must be completed and signed by a parent/legal guardian in order to participate.
Courageous Keelboat Kickoff Regatta, 3/31 - Registration Deadline: Monday, 3/26
First Event of Mass Bay League B Division Fleet Race Series
Please join us for the 4th Courageous Keelboat Kickoff Regatta. The event is a great opportunity to get a lot of kids on the water, early in the season.
- Skippers must be able to sail a Rhodes 19keelboat comfortably and safely in tight quarters, onto and off of a fixed dock.
- Each "slot" represents 6 sailors (3 in A div, 3 in B). At full capacity (20+ Rhodes 19s) we can accomodate 120+ sailors.
- This event is open to all MBL and NESSA teams, with 2 slots reserved for each MBL B-Div team. Registrations will be taken in the order they are received. All schools may register a second or third team, but these will be waitlisted until the registration deadline, Monday, 3/26.
The NOR is below. Let me know if you have any questions, and please register early.
Boston Latin School Head Coach
Notice of Race
2012 Courageous Keelboat Kickoff Regatta (First Event of Mass Bay League B Division Fleet Race Series)
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2012
Location: Courageous Sailing Center, Boston Harbor
Report Time: 0900
Boats: Rhodes 19 Keelboats (3 person crews)
Format: A and B Division
Rules: RRS, ISSA PR, NESSA PR and By-laws, including Article L
Registration Deadline: Monday, March 26, 2012 at 1700 hours
Registration: To register, send an email to Cha OConnell that includes the following information:
2. Contact info for the coach (phone, email)
3. Number of slots. (Schools may request any number of slots. MBL B division teams requesting more than 2 slots, and all other teams requesting more than 1 slot, will be kept on the waitlist until after the registration deadline, at which time they will be added in the order they were received, one per school, until all slots have been filled.)
4. In subject line please put "Courageous KeelboatKickoff/School Name"
- High School Sailing - Visiting Competitor Form (to be completed in advance by each competitor/team member)
- High School Sailing - Visiting Team Form / Group Waiver (to be completed in advance by the head coach on behalf of his or her team)
- Courageous Sailing Agreement and General Release (to be completeded by each head and assistant coach)