Mid-Fleet Performance 1
Our Mid-Fleet Performance 1 course is the perfect next step for recent graduates of our LTS, or for sailors looking for whats next. This course is taught on 2 platforms, the J80 and the Pearson 26.
The J80 – known for its speed, grace and simplicity, and good old fashioned fun on the water. Our Performance Sailing courses are designed to give sailors a taste of all three.
The Pearson – a welcoming and forgiving vessel designed for in-shore cruising is the perfect stepping stone towards larger cruising boats.
The first part of the Performance Sailing series is focused on advanced boat handling and sail trim topics, which are ideal for sailors looking to raise their skills and confidence to the next level. In addition to skill-building, these courses can be helpful for those working on a Green Flag rating or preparing for a Mid-Fleet cruising checkout sail.
Mid-Fleet Performance 1 curriculum includes:
- The finer points of boat handling
- How, when and why to use the vang, outhaul, cunningham, traveler, backstay, and other sail controls to control the shape and maximize the performance of your sails.
- A review of reefing, docking, and crew overboard recovery methods.
- Docking under power
- Using a roller-furling headsail
- Learn to Sail (or similar experience)
- Yellow flag certification
Mid-Fleet Performance 1 is a two-day course that typically runs over Saturday & Sunday from 10 AM to 4:30 PM with a 30 minute lunch break.
Recommended next steps:
Things to note:
The Mid-Fleet Performance 1 course, or similar experience, is recommended as preparation for the Mid-Fleet Cruising checkout.