Boston Harbor Navigation
Getting around Boston can be incredibly challenging if you don’t know where you’re going.
This course will prepare students looking to pass their green flag written-test.
This class is hosted in 2 formats:
- A single weekend day from 10am to 4pm
- Two weekday evenings from 5pm to 8pm
- Using a compass and/or hand bearing compass to navigate
- Using local charts to identify areas that are great for sailing and areas that are best to avoid. You can buy NOAA charts or view them online for free.
- Using navigational tools such as parallel rules, dividers, and a wristwatch
- Constructing a proper float plan
- How to estimate how long it will take you to reach your destination
- Using tide charts and local weather forecasts to safely determine your destination and route
- Best practices for what to check before departing and after arriving back at the dock
Recommended Next Steps: