Meet the J80
You enjoy the Rhodes 19 but you can’t help but wonder what something a little bigger, a little sleeker, would feel like. You’re not ready to commit to a full course or membership but wouldn’t mind learning more about what that next level looks like. If any of the above applies to you (or maybe you feel like you just want to be sure you are ready for the next step), then Meet the J80 is the perfect class for you! Almost every Friday we will host this opportunity to go out and get to know what our J80s are all about. All you need to do is let the frontdesk (email@example.com) know you’re coming. We fill the 5 first spots each week on a first come first serve basis; act fast so you don’t miss out! Who doesn’t want to join us for a leisurely Friday evening cruise?
Meet the J80 curriculum includes:
- An orientation to J80 basics: rigging, sail-handling, tacking/jibing, docking, crew overboard recovery, reefing, winch safety, outboard engine overview, etc.
- Applying your existing sailing skills and knowledge to a vessel that is bigger, faster, and has a longer glide zone than a Rhodes 19.
- An introduction to crew roles and how to teach crew to assist a skipper.
- Learn to Sail (or similar experience)
- Yellow Flag certification
Meet the J80 occurs on most Friday evenings beginning at 5:30pm and ending at 8:30pm for a total of 3 class hours. We fill our courses on a first come first serve basis but will host them as often as every Friday based on demand. Please contact the front desk to reserve your spot. This class runs with a minimum of 3 participants and maximum of 5.
Recommended next steps:
Things to note:
Meet the J80 is a 3-hour introductory clinic and is not designed to replace our Performance classes, in which we encourage sailors to enroll to build more advanced skills. A J80 membership is not required to participate, but membership and a separately scheduled J80 checkout would be necessary to gain access to the J80 fleet outside of class hours.