Meet the J80
- Friday evenings for 3 hours
- J80 membership not required
- Learn about the J80
- Practice basic maneuvers
Perhaps you enjoy the Rhodes 19s but want to try sailing something a little bigger and sportier. Meet the J80 is perfect if you want an introduction to a larger, faster boat without committing to a longer course or full membership. Meet the J80 is a 3-hour introductory clinic and is not designed to replace our Performance classes, Performance 1 and Performance 2.
Skills and Concepts Covered
- An orientation to J80 basics: rigging, sail-handling, tacking/gybing, docking, crew overboard recovery, reefing, winch safety, outboard engine overview, etc.
- Applying your existing sailing skills and knowledge to a vessel that is faster and more responsive than a Rhodes 19.
- An introduction to crew roles and how to teach crew to assist a skipper.
5-to-1 Instruction: In our introductory format, 5 students and 1 instructor sail together, allowing for plenty of teamwork. Meet the J80 is held on one Friday evening, for a single 3-hour session.
Recommended Next Steps
We cannot reschedule lessons within two weeks of their start date unless we are able to fill the spot with another student. For more information on our refund policy, click here.